We’re very excited to announce the most recent update of our Skoog App for iOS. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make sure you can easily set up your Skoog to fit your needs, as well as make the App more stable and simpler to use, improve the sounds, and fix any pesky little gremlins that were hiding in there.
‘What’s new?’ we hear you cry!
The new / improved features of the Skoog App are:
- New setup process to help you get up & running with your Skoog
- Improved ‘Help’ section with useful tips to explain the settings for your Skoog
- Refreshed layout for better navigation
- In-built guides, tutorials and trouble shooting
- New & improved instrument sounds
- New note selector for quicker custom note setting
- Simplified MIDI integration for easier use with 3rd party apps, such as GarageBand
- New sensitivity modes, giving more sensitivity and greater control when you’re playing
- Increased responsiveness, especially for lighter touch
- Supports dynamic text for users utilising Accessibility features, such as larger text
- New in-app game to help you learn how to play your Skoog
We’ve fixed the following bugs too (hurrah!):
- Spotify integration now fixed (Spotify Premium account still required)
- Tonic, octave & scale settings being maintained across new app sessions – data selection will now be preserved across new app sessions
We’ve also changed the instruments that are available – the original instruments have been removed for some TLC but don’t worry, they’ll be back soon!
To help support you using the Skoog App, we’ve also created lots of tutorial videos to show you how to use all the main features of the App, such as setting the sensitivity, changing notes and scales, and using Skoog with GarageBand.
Watch the videos now!
All Skoog users should update their App now to access these features & fixes by installing the update from the App Store. The new version of the App is 1.1.1. You can check which version of the Skoog App you have on your iPad / iPhone in the App Store then in Purchased.