Exciting news from Skoog HQ! We are looking for a talented and creative Marketing Executive.
Job Description – Skoogmusic Ltd
Title: Marketing Executive
Salary Scale: £25,000 – £30,000 pro-rata, depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: CEO
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
We make technology that lets anybody make music.
Big kids, little kids, kids with disabilities and kids with extraordinary abilities. Our goal is to make ‘Skooging’ a verb synonymous with having fun with the music you love and maybe learning a little bit along the way. We create both hardware and software and retail our products globally with Apple retail, Apple online and a range of other premium retailers.
Skoogmusic is home of the quirky Skoog cube, the world’s first huggable musical instrument, currently available to buy from Apple Stores worldwide. Inclusive and accessible, with Skoog budding musicians can create and control musical sounds, whatever their level of training, skill or dexterity.
Skoogmusic was founded in 2009. We have established ourselves as a leading innovator in the field of assistive music technology. Today, our software and hardware products make a difference to thousands of individuals and families worldwide. We create high quality products that make musical participation fun and accessible to everyone, including children and those with physical or learning disabilities.
We are looking for a talented and creative Marketing Executive to take responsibility for all in-house digital marketing and content creation. As a core member of the team, you will be actively engaged in managing our social media platforms and email campaigns, and copywriting for our website. You will be working alongside our CEO and agencies to collaborate on all marketing projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to Graduate level in Marketing or other relevant discipline.
- 2+ years of marketing and social media management experience.
- Excellent digital content creation skills.
- Excellent creative writing skills that can be adapted to any platform.
- Knowledge in email campaign creation – specific experience in MailChimp would be beneficial.
- Knowledge in website management – specific experience in WordPress would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and proof reading.
- Experience in Google Analytics and SEO.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of CRM systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience of customer service would be beneficial.
What will you be doing?
- Coordinate online and offline marketing and communications activities and campaigns.
- Create and develop effective marketing materials.
- Responsible for all social media activity.
- Write content to populate our blog.
- Liaise with users to generate new content.
- Liaise with digital agencies on specific campaigns when necessary.
- Create and run MailChimp campaigns for different customer segments.
- Identify key target markets and work on how best to reach them.
- Maintain an understanding of company products and services.
- Respond to customer enquiries when necessary.
- Organise events and product exhibitions.
You need to be adaptable, flexible and enthusiastic, ready to take your hand to any task.
- Full time position, minimum 35 hours per week, a pension scheme and 33 days’ holiday (23 + 10 statutory).
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Being part of a motivated team, with a great sense of community and purpose.
- An interesting and versatile job where your personal input is appreciated and expected.
- A quirky and relaxed working environment, eclectic tunes, and great coffee.
Issue Date: Friday 8th September 2017
Closing Date: Friday 22nd September 2017